Saturday, July 12, 2008

Well, so much for the secret!

Well, i had managed to keep it a secret for over a year, but that all but ended yesterday. My mother-in-law called to tell me that they changed the first day of school. Yup, they changed it all right - to the 2nd of Sept.
So, now i was faced with a challenge.
I felt i had to tell Cait about the cruise, b/c if i didn't , she might be stressed if i dropped it on her at the last minute, and then told her - "oh ya, by the way, you'll be missing the first week of school!". I didn't want a melt down, of any sort.. so i figured if i told her now, then i could prepare her mentally for missing the first week.
Well, she is fine with it.. she was totally surprised and overjoyed when i told her yesterday morning. She is so excited to be going back on the Magic..and looking foward (to my joy) the kids club.
We then went to the mall, and she spent her allowance on a hat with sequins on it from Club Libby Lu, she plans on bringing it on the cruise along with a mini tote/pocketbook with sequined palm tree on it. I thought that was a good use of her money, and i told her i was proud. :)
I have been in touch with a couple of women from the disboard who also have 7 / 8 yr old girls that are going on the cruise. So, hopefully, we can intoduce them all and they will hit it off!

No comments: